Knitting & Stitching Show 2014

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t entirely enthused about going this year by the time the Knitting & Stitching Show came about. I had followed The Plan for attending shows like this in preparation already. I had booked tickets with a Groupon months ago for cheaper tickets. I had organised meeting up with a friend. I had a small list of things I needed and a budget worked out. I even had my outfit worked out. I was as ready as I could be, but I just wasn’t… keen

Possibly the most important step of the plan: fortifying at 3fe
Man am I glad I didn’t skip out on it. It was good that I had my pre-prepared plan, as having everything ready to go made showing up on the day easy, even though I wasn’t terribly excited. I was more than pleasantly surprised though. My partner and crime and I met up at 3fe for morning fortification, then taxi’d up. We skipped the queue with our pre-paid tickets (score 1 for organisation) and were straight into the thick of it. 


This year’s K&S Show is probably the best I’ve been to in terms of vendors. I’m not sure whether we just stopped at more, as our interests had broadened since last year, but I found a lot of new vendors, some of which I am quite certain were not there last year and others who were there but had branched out into new things that drew us in. 


The usual suspects were there. Coleshill as always has loads of useful tools. Surprisingly, I didn’t buy anything at Village Fabrics, despite stopping and staring longingly at their stand at least three times.

Swincraft2 was new to me, with lots of furs that I don’t get to see in Dublin often, and particularly not for the prices they were offering them at. Naturaleigh was full of gorgeous stuff that I didn’t need but really wanted. Sew Law Di Da had some really lovely patterns, with full sized mockups which means now I’m certain I’m going to have to go look more in depth at a few of them as I’m quite certain some would be lovely on me. 

This year's haul.
My new favourite though has to be Create with Kate. I’d always seen her stand and ignored it as it was mainly papercraft, which while I love the look of I desperately do not need to get into. However, my partner in crime was looking at papercraft stuff now, so I stopped too. I remember her stand from before, as her aesthetic is unique and gorgeous. This year, she has fabric. GORGEOUS fabric. The Absolutely fantastic, unique fabric. I completely fell in love with the Eclectic Elements line and considered myself lucky getting away with a single metre of my favourite of the prints, but I’m fairly confident that I’ll be looking for more later. 

My gorgeous Steampunk-y fabric from Create with Kate.
It was a successful year again. Came out within budget, with everything ticked off my list. Sticking to the plan has made the hardest part of these shows deciding what I definitely want to buy and what I’ll leave, but I found myself in the position where I have most of what I need for the projects that are WIPs, which helped in the decision making.

There’s one day left of the show- Sunday 2nd November. If you haven’t been, I do recommend it. I’m already looking forward to next year.


Comments

  1. That fabric makes me hurt, I want some so badly. I don't even know what I'd do with it. I just want to stare at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously am considering ordering more. I could've happily bought half the collection. I don't care what I do with it, I just need more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts