Sprite Stitch Charity Quilts

I've enjoyed lurking on the Sprite Stitch forum for a while now. It's basically full of nerds and geeks who stitch. I love their creativity! So many of the contributors are quite talented in so many different ways. They, like many other groups, are doing a charity projects- in this case, cross stitch projects to become quilts.

There's the video game cross stitch project to become a quilt, which I love. Being a big Secret of Mana player back in the day (hi bro!), I'd love to do a square of the three characters and have even toyed with the idea of a full on cross stitch or needlepainting the classic cover image of the game-
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have the time for that one cause I've already managed to sign myself up for the OTHER project they're doing- Pokemon cross stitch for Japan! I know, I'm a crazy woman with way too many projects already. But the due date is far enough away I reckon I'll be ok.

So I've got the legendary birds of Kanto- Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno. Thus far, I've spent most of my time hemming and hawing over a pattern for the three. I really wanted to do something like this-

but it doesn't really give the birds all that much definition. So I'm looking at options right now. I've come to the sad conclusion that with the size limitations that I just can't fit the whole birds on, which means I can't have the damn cool "bombing you out of the sky" effect I was hoping for. I'll survive.

If you're interested in getting involved with the Pokemon project, there's a forum set up for it.
 
If you're interested in the Sprite Stitch Video Game quilt, or just to see more they are lovely people and can be found at www.spritestitch.com!

Comments

Popular Posts